Tackle For Hire!
If you don't have tackle of your own, and you want to have a go,
we have both fly and bait rods, nets, a large selection of flies and lures all
here on site - all you need to bring is yourself. We have a heated lodge, with
toilet facilities for the disabled, as well as a sitting area and a selection of
snacks and hot and cold drinks. Car parking is right beside the lodge, and 30 metres
from the lochs, but disabled anglers are welcome to drive right up to the edge of
Please note we are cash only and don't accept credit cards.
Opening hours:- 7 days a week
Monday to Sunday 08.30am to 6pm (shorter in winter due to darker nights)
Fly Fishing prices.
Full day 3 fish £30(Must kill 1st and 2nd fish and select 3rd fish)
6 hours 2 fish £26(Must kill 1st fish and select 2nd fish)
4 hours 2 fish £22(Must kill 1st fish and select 2nd fish)
2 hours 1 fish £14(Must Kill 1st fish)
You are allowed only 1 double figure fish to keep.
Full day CandR £20
6 hours CandR £17
4 hours CandR £14
Any hours above 2 hours CandR can be selected at £5 per hour.Min is 2 hours.All fish must be returned on these tickets.
No tickets issued after 4pm as we close at 6pm.
Childrens Bait fishing loch(per person)
1 fish £10
2 fish £14
3 fish £18
4 fish £20
All fish to be killed toward limit.It is not done on time,but on the number of fish selected before you begin fishing and the above prices are per person.No fish are to be returned as there is no CandR on this loch.
Please bring your own bait with you as we don't supply any bait.
Rod hire is available for fly and bait lochs only, at £10 per rod.
We only allow our own nets to be used on the lochs to stop infections.
This loch is NOT an alternative to the bait/childrens loch.It is a specialised sport and anglers supply all their own tackle and baits.We do not have any hire rods or coarse tackle for this loch.No Bread/tiger nuts/hemp or heavy groundbaiting is not allowed.No bait is supplied at all.
We will also check all tackle the first time you fish it to ensure it is the correct tackle and not spinning,or beach caster type rods,bubble floats and pike gear is a no no as there is no pike!.Hook size is important and no hooks above size 12 allowed and must be barbless.
The key is to fish light,size 18,s,20 hooks best.Pole fishing is very good.
Children aged 12 and under are not allowed on the loch.
It has taken 18 years to get this loch to what it is and all the fish are healthy,so it is paramount that care is taken when releasing them
Terms and conditions.
General rules of the fishery.
- All tickets are purchased at customers own risk.
- All tickets must be produced on day of fishing.
- You have the right to cancel up to 24 hours before day of fishing with a full refund.
- NO refunds will be given if ticket is not used on the day of booking and is not valid after this day.
- Confirmation of booking will be sent by email along with terms and rules of the fishery.
- The fishery will not be held responsible of any damage to vehicles or accidents to persons while at the fishery and it is your own responsibility to ensure and wear appropriate clothing and footwear, along with ensuring of your own safety while at the fishery.
- We do allow dogs, providing they are on a lead, well behaved and under control at all times and all mess to be bagged and taken home, not left in bins at the fishery.
- Barbless hooks on all sporting tickets.
- All fish must be kept in the water and released.
- Nets can be used, but fish must remain in net, in the water.
- Please ensure at all times the health of fish and ensure that they swim away freely on release into clear water.
- Any fish which is bled or wont go back, must be dispatched and paid for.
- You may select your fish upto and including your limit with catch and release, no restriction of number.
- All fish must be weighed in and recorded at end of sessions, to ensure good stocking records.
- There is no passing fish to other anglers to make up bag limits.
- All fish remain the property of the fishery until recorded at the end of session.
- Normal fly methods are allowed, maximum 3 flies per cast. No fly allowed on bait lochs or coarse loch separate rules apply.
- All litter/nylon to be placed in bins provided.
- Consideration of other users are to be applied while fishing.
- Please do not hog hot spots and we advise moving every 30 minutes.
- Normal fishery rules apply.
- At all times the health of fish is important, please respect this at all times